Sozopol Fiction Seminars - 2012
SOZOPOL, 24 –27 May 2012
The Sozopol Fiction Seminars line-up includes:
- Creative writing workshops led by Elizabeth Kostova and Krassimir Damianov;
- One-on-one consultations with leading editors and publishers from the U.S. and the U.K.;
- A thematic round table on “Writing Place: Place as a Source of Inspiration and Object of Research”;
- A memoir writing workshop led by Debra Gwartney;
- Guest-lectures by Barry Lopez and Deyan Enev;
- Literary readings by the American and the Bulgarian guest lecturers, instructors and fellows.
SOFIA, 29 –31 May 2012
The CapitaLiterature line-up includes:
- Presentation of “Absinthe #17”: a special issue of the American magazine focused on contemporary Bulgarian literature and art;
- An international literary performance and party;
- A conversation with Debra Gwartney on “Writing about Trauma”;
- A lecture by the distinguished American writer Barry Lopez;
- A round table on “Blogging and the Social Media: Changing Roles and Rules in Literary Critisism”;
- A partner event: presentation of the Bulgarian edition of “Wifeshopping” by Steven Wingate.
The events take place with the kind support of: America for Bulgaria Foundation, Lois Roth Endowment, Embassy of the United States in Bulgaria, Municipality of Sofia’s Culture program, dedicated to the European Capital of Culture application, National Culture Fund and in collaboration with: Culture of Wine Foundation, Sofia Airport, Bulgarian Donors’ Forum, Next Page Foundation, Ciela Norma, the Municipality of Sozopol and the Art Gallery of Sozopol.